We believe the world is a better place when we take care of the things that matter. As a co-operative insurer, we believe we have a responsibility to help build stronger, safer communities by actively supporting distraction-free driving,
mental health, flood safety, and sustainability.
Find out what we’re doing to help communities adapt in the face of extreme weather. We all have a role to play in building stronger, more resilient communities and preventing damage in and around our homes.
How are we helping to strengthen our communities?
Encouraging distraction-free driving
Distracted driving is a factor in one in every four crashes, and it’s putting communities at risk. We partnered with the Traffic Injury Research Foundation (TIRF) and Drop it and Drive (DIAD) to develop ways for Canadians to improve
their driving habits.
Supporting mental health
Healthier, safer communities start with healthier people.
Reducing the risk of flood damage
In 2015, we became the first Canadian insurer to offer overland flood insurance. It was the first step in our ongoing response to the increasing risk of extreme weather in Canada.
To learn more about our efforts to strengthen the resilience of Canadian communities and for detailed information about our performance and progress, check out our Integrated
Join the conversation and help build your better world.
Ready to get involved? There’s so much you can do to make your community better! Take action and talk to your family, friends and neighbours about how they can help, too.
- Pledge to stop distracted driving and get your friends and family to do the same.
- Support mental health programs in your community, and learn more about how to support the people around you who live with mental illness. Let the kids in your life know about programs like BroTalk, Kids Help Phone, or find out how to bring In Your Face and Interactive to their school.
- Find out the risk of flood damage in your area, what to do in case of a flood and help others prevent damage to their homes.
- Make sustainable choices at home and find out what your community is doing to improve social, environmental and economic sustainability.
- If you own a home, play the Get Ready Game online or search for "Get Ready Game" on the App Store or
on Google Play. You'll discover the impacts of natural hazards and how to prepare for them.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.